Annual Falls Church Holiday Tree Fest
Village Preservation & Improvement Society’s Tree Fest highlights a display of creatively decorated trees for the holidays. Funds for the organizations represented will be raised via donations and a silent auction, presenting you with an opportunity to win the tree of your choosing.
2023 Details Below:
The Village Preservation and Improvement Society (VPIS) will be hosting the 8th Annual Falls Church Tree Fest December 1st and 2nd on the patio of Ireland’s Four Provinces Restaurant, 105 West Broad Street in Falls Church. This event is a fundraiser for non-profit organizations in the greater Falls Church area plus provides an opportunity to raise awareness of your organization.
You do not have to be a member/employee of a specific charity to submit a tree on the charity’s behalf; in the past, companies and individuals have submitted trees to raise funds for a charity of their choice. Funds for each organization are raised via silent auction of their tree and donations received.
In addition to providing an opportunity to raise funds for your charity, this event provides an opportunity to raise awareness of the organization.
There are a limited number of spaces available and those will be filled on a first to respond basis. If you are interested in participating, please respond to this email, ensuring Tree Fest 2023 is in the subject line (see email below).
Each organization is responsible for:
- Reserving a space for your tree by contacting email@example.com (please note Tree Fest in the subject line) and providing the name, email address, and phone number of a primary point of contact
- Purchasing an artificial tree not more than four (4) feet tall (most participants choose pre-lit trees)
- Decorating the tree in a theme of your choosing
- Bringing the fully decorated tree, and the box/bag in which it was bought, to the restaurant at the designated drop off time (an email will be sent about a week before the event letting you know of the time)
- Supplying some type of skirting to place around the base of the tree (it can be as simple as tissue paper)
- Having someone from you organization present when the bidding closes on Saturday evening to accept the winning bid and award the tree
- Advertising the event to your supporters
- Providing supporters with an easy way to make online/electronic donations (QR code, Venmo account, or something similar)
VPIS will provide a table with tablecloth for the display of your tree and any literature you wish to provide about your organization, an electrical outlet, the silent auction sheet (with pen), and a donation box for each organization.
More details, such as set up time, will be provided to participants closer to the date of the event.
Lorraine O’Rourke, Tom Clinton, Lisa Varouxis, Keith Thurston, Sam Beatty – VPIS/Tree Fest Committee Members