Annual Falls Church Holiday Tree Fest
Village Preservation & Improvement Society’s Tree Fest highlights a display of creatively decorated trees for the holidays. Funds for the organizations represented will be raised via donations and a silent auction, presenting you with an opportunity to win the tree of your choosing.
Check back here November 2023 for details
for the 2023 Annual Tree Fest!
2022 Details Below for Background:
There will be an opportunity to participate in a “People’s Choice” where you will anonymously cast your vote for the best decorated tree in several categories. Musical entertainment is provided throughout the weekend.
The event will be held at Ireland’s Four Provinces and is scheduled for December 2nd and 3rd, with distribution of the trees on December 4th, 2022. There will be a silent auction sheet for bidding purposes and a box for donation. Each charity will decorate its own tree and should provide any literature they would like displayed on their table. Highest bid for each tree at the end of the event WINS the tree. The proceeds for that tree and any donations will be returned to the charity.
All Falls Church non-profits are invited to participate with a decorated tree As there will be space for a maximum of 20 trees, we recommend signing on early.
How it works:
- The non-profit submits a fully decorated, no taller than 4’, artificial tree to be displayed Friday evening and all-day Saturday on the event weekend.
- There will be an electrical outlet available for each tree.
- The non-profit can/should include handouts or information on your charity for display on the table near your tree and donation box.
- VPIS will provide a silent auction sheet for bidding purposes and a box for cash/check donations for each organization.
- The bidding will close at a set, advertised time on Saturday evening, and the person making the highest bid will be notified via a telephone call from a Tree Fest Committee member.
- The proceeds for the tree and any donations received will be delivered to the charity as soon as possible after the event. (Coordination for handoff of the funds will be required.)
- There will be a “people’s choice” voting option for the best decorated trees in various categories. Those votes will be tallied at the end of the event and a picture of the winning tree for each category will be shared on our social media pages.
If you are interested in participating, or have additional questions, please email me at email@example.com
Lorraine O’Rourke, Tom Clinton, Lisa Varouxis, Keith Thurston, Sam Beatty – VPIS/Tree Fest Committee Members